Monday 27 January 2014

January Favourites.

January 2014 is quickly coming to an end, so I thought I would blog about some things I have been loving this January.





Yankee Candle -Vanilla Chai



I had my eye on this candle for a few weeks before I bit the bullet and ordered it and I am so glad I did. I absolutely love this candle. It is perfect for those cold winter evenings snuggled up on the sofa watching a movie. This candle fills my living room with warm spicy scents with the slightest background sent of vanilla. This is definitely one of my favourite christmassy scents of the year. I bought the Large jar from yankee candle for £19.99 which is slightly pricy but well worth it considering how long they last.




Aveeno Cream




This moisturiser has been an absolute saviour this month. The fluctuating weather temperatures left my skin dry and very sensitive and my Oilatum natural repair face cream was no longer doing its usual amazing job.When it comes to face products I am slightly apprehensive as I suffer from sensitive skin and break outs. So I hit the internet to see what else was on the market at a reasonable price for dry, sensitive skin. I came across the brand Aveeno purely by accident and I am so glad I did. At £13.39 for 300 ml this moisturiser absorbs into the skin quickly and works really well as a base for make up. It cleared up my dry skin within two days and, as an added bonus, contains no harsh chremicals. I highly recommend this product to everyone on the hunt for a new moisturiser. 



KMS Free Shape- Quick Blow Dry




This was a Christmas present from my parents. I had heard of the brand KMS but never thought of purchasing something for myself. When I received this for Christmas I was excited at the prospect of being able to dry my hair in shorter time. I have pretty long hair and it can take between 15-20 very long minutes to dry. This product not only cuts down the drying time by around 5 minutes but it leaves my hair de tangled and feeling conditioned and silky soft. The product is a light non sticky spray that I apply to my hair as the last thing I do before blow drying. As an added bonus this product doubles up as a heat protectant which saves me having to lather my hair in multiple products. I can just stick to the one.  



Vaseline-Paint The Town Red Lip Tint



I feel Vaseline is a must have product for everyone and I think everyone has at least one of these little tins lying around their house or in the bottom of their hand bag. I have always been a lover of Vaseline and when I saw this limited edition red lip tint i just had to have it. In the winter I prefer lip tints and glosses to lipsticks as I find lipsticks cling to chapped lips and don't provide enough moisture. This product is very moisturising as is most vaseline lip products and provides a very glossy red tint to the lips. The application is smooth and sheer but can be built up with layering. The only downside to the product is that it tints your fingers as well as your lips. 


Models Own Nail Varnish- Champagne




I bought this nail varnish for a fancy dress party; not being a huge fan of shimmery colours, I thought I would try it out. I have always been a fan of Models Own. Their nail varnishes apply very smoothly, are long lasting and quick drying. This colour was great for the Christmas months and remains a favourite of mine throughout January. 


Tangle Teaser



This is in actual fact my second Tangle Teaser and remains a must have for me! As previously mentioned I have long thick hair that becomes very knotted and de tangling becomes a chore. I cannot imagine brushing my hair without a Tangle Teaser. It is now a quick, pain free experience. It has also saved my hair from a lot of damage. This brush is an absolute must have! 



Bobble Filter Water Bottle



Living in London, the water isn't exactly fresh when out of the tap. I came across the Bobble bottle a couple of months ago and thought it was a great idea as I could fill up my bottle and go, and it saves me having to buy bottled water. I received my bottle for christmas and have used it every day ever since. It definitely encourages me to drink more water. 
I love my Bobble Bottle! 






No comments:

Post a Comment